Saturday, December 3, 2011

I heart macro Sunday

This was the first year the kiddo really "got" decorating for Christmas.  She was so excited to help with the outside lights, the inside ornaments and everything in between.  Her enthusiasm was contagious and my husband I and really enjoyed hanging all the decorations.


As we took the ornaments out of the boxes, the kiddo and looked at each one.  She loved seeing ones from when my husband and I were kids.  She also loved seeing the ones people have already given her over the few years she as been with us.  She decided where to hang each one and I'm excited to say the tree reflects her as much as it does my husband and I.


I tasked myself with taking photos of our outside lights, but never remembered at the right time.  Hopefully, I'll have a better memory in the coming week.  Instead, I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of our tree.

Yes, that is Iron Man peeking out of the pine needles.


My grandmother made this ornament some time ago.  It's one of my favorites.


Thanks for looking.  :)


studio waterstone

10 comments:

  1. What fun photos! That last shot is my favorite. Something handmade by your Grandma is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing everyone's ornaments and trees! The Rudolph ornament is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the ornament images - we have special ones saved over the years from my grown kids (37, 34, 33) and they now are doing the same. yours are lovely. what a blessing. (visiting from i heart macro)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture and great tree! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and fun photos! Loved seeing the different photos of you all putting up your decorations! I also love that last pic of the ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traditions are so important to hand down and it is so wonderful to remember past Christmases and relatives and share that with our children. Love the wine cork reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful ornaments....and your little cork horse made me smile....I have one too......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beadwork is awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay batman! what fun pictures!

    also because my computer keeps freezing up on me today (grrrrr) instead of leaving two comments I'll two in one but I just had to say that the necklaces in your next (most recent) post are STUNNING!!!! absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time decorating your tree. I am sure your little one enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete