Friday, January 20, 2012

Adventures in RAW

I've been working in right angle weave lately.  This is a stitch I have always respected, but never really loved ... until now.  I'm noticing that the stitch is relatively quick and it embellishes so nicely!

Crystals fit perfectly inside the openings:


And the pearls .. yum.


And today, I saw this post from Gwen Fisher from gwenbeads.  She created a tutorial for twisted cubic right angle weave.  Yep, you heard right twisted cubic right angle weave.  I had to do a double take.

image from gwenbeads.com

Doesn't that look like fun?  I am so excited.  I am almost done with my current project, so I may be giving this a go tonight.  And if you want the pattern, you can get it in Gwen's shop.

Happy beading.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking to my new tutorial. You're right about RAW in that it's a great stitch to embellish, probably the best stitch to embellish. The same is true for the twisted version. I don't always like the fact that it can be slow to weave, but I think its versatility makes it worth the effort. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love RAW! It was really hard for me at first but one day something clicked and now I can stitch it up without to much hair pulling lol. Thanks for the link I will check her out. Are you still playing SWTOR? We are here the story is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind RAW but do find it a bit repetitive after a while... you know the "I could do this in my sleep" kind of repetitive. I love the look of your pieces...me thinks I know what it might be!!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete