Monday, March 19, 2012

When I'm not beading ...

It all started about a week ago when the kiddo and I discovered this book at the library.


The kiddo was so excited that she spent about an hour looking through the book and deciding on projects.  

We attempted a finger puppet:


This morning, the kiddo decided on a bigger project:  the Yoda doll.  I spent my time tracing, cutting and sewing.  She, of course, supervised.  She did have time to draw a few pictures, though.



I could not find black buttons, so our Yoda has green eyes.


I wanted to give his face a bit more definition than I saw in the example in the book.  After a bit of googling, I found this wonderful example of Yoda by DeadlySweet.  It looks like her etsy shop is closed at the moment, but if you want to see some absolute adorable work, check out her deviant art gallery.  Man, that girl is talented.

Here is the finished doll:


He's not too shabby, I guess.

Somehow, the kiddo loves the Dark Side.  I don't know what I did or said, but she loves Darth Maul.  For this puppet, I used the template from the book and added a bit of detail.


Of course, when the kiddo saw him she said I should make a Darth Sidious.  How bad is it that my five year old likes the Sith?

As time goes on, I'd like to add to the finger puppets.  They are cute are easy to make.  Maybe I'll even get to make a Jedi someday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I like the sith as well. Darth Vader FTW lol. When I think if Star Wars I really do not think that either side is bad or good, they just have 2 different perspectives on how to run things lol ;)Your Felties are fantastic and I bet your little one loves them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my little 6yo man would fall over if he saw this book! How cool. He is constantly drawing Star Wars characters and playing with his Star Wars Lego. The latest thing he "must have" was a Star Wars Pez dispenser lol. Will have to keep my eye out for this one... you've done an awesome job on the finger puppets... my little man's favourite was Darth Maul..one of his favourite characters!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete