Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little (and Big) Girls and Jewelry

Some women don't leave the house without makeup.  I don't leave the house without jewelry.  The kiddo sometimes follows suit and loves to wear some of my bracelets and necklaces.

Lately, she has taken a shine to this necklace, my version of the Sakura Tassel, designed by Jamie Hogsett and published in the December 2008 issue of Beadwork Magazine.


I made this necklace when the kiddo was about 2 years old.  Even then, she was fascinated by the tassel.  Before I strung it on the necklace, she carried it around with her around the house.    I love that she still loves it and is now old enough to enjoy it.


I don't remember what stone this is, but the pink color is gorgeous.


 I've made the kiddo a few pieces here and there.  I'm hoping to make more for her as she gets older and teach her how to make her own.

It's also a treat to make something for friends and family.  This past weekend, the kiddo and I attended her cousin's birthday party.  The two girls are very close in age and get along famously.  (They also share a name, which may contribute to their friendship.)

The kiddo decided that we should make something for her cousin's birthday.  She decided on the Hogarth Crystal Curve necklace, designed by Wendy Lueder and published in the April 2012 issue of Bead and Button.


We chose beads a bit smaller than the ones used in the pattern.   The kiddo was delighted by the ab2x swarovski crystals in pink, green and purple.


The colors the kiddo picked looked wonderful together and, wow, do they sparkle.

I made about four or five components before I couldn't wait any longer to connect them.  After looking at the chain of flowers, I realized it also made a perfect bracelet.  The kiddo concurred, so I added a few of the crystal rounds to either end.  The result is the perfect bracelet for a little girl.


The kiddo said the bracelet was "bea-U-ti-ful."  Her cousin loved it also.  She promptly put it on after she opened the box and wore it all night.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful,Summer necklace.Nice and unigue coloristics.
    Lovely bracelet in 'happy colors'.
    Greetings-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bracelet! It's really fun to share with a daughter. My daughter and I always created things together and we still love to work together and take classes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya,
    I love the necklace it is very pretty. I can honestly see why the kido was so attracted to the tassel. It is fun to play with tassels.
    The bracelet is beautiful! Kudos to the kido for doing a fantastic job of picking out the perfect blingy crystals for her cousin's bracelet. She got your flare for color and design.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kiddo's got a good eye for color and design! The bracelet's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the necklace! The focal tassel reminds me of a fluffy pink cupcake. Love the bracelet too.

    ReplyDelete