Monday, June 4, 2012

Tiny Copper Rings

I love beading magazines .. and jewelry magazines ... and metal working magazines .. and wire magazines .. the list could go on and on.  Even though I don't have the materials for all the projects, I still like to read about the process (and fantasize of an unlimited stash and budget).

Ttoday was a lazy Sunday.  My husband and daughter were busy playing Plants vs. Zombies.   I was paging through the June/July issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry and saw "Love Knot" by Abbi Berta.  She twisted thin gauge wire into a cute little ring.

Hmm .. the husband and kiddo were occupied.  I had 20 gauge wire and a torch.  That's all it took for me to run outside and try my hand at these:


The ring above is my attempt at Abbi's design.



The last two rings are the result of playing around with loops.

This was a fun project with almost instant gratification.

As a side note, Linda Larson's "Bronze Age Cuff" is also featured in the current issue of Step by Step Wire Jewelry.  I adore Linda's tutorials and this cuff is amazing.  One of these days, I'm going to get the nerve to try it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can feel your excitement at finding something to capture! the shots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! (Were you playing with fire there too?!)

    ReplyDelete