Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beading Babes project 7

It's time again for our Beading Babes reveal.

This time around, instead of selecting projects for us, Karyn asked our Facebook group for ideas.  Collectively, we chose four projects.

The first project was "Enchanted Rivoli Earrings," designed by Csilla Csirmaz and published in the August 2012 issue of Beadwork Magazine.


I really enjoyed this project.  The earrings are comprised of a bezeled rivoli and a strip of herringbone rope.

The pattern called for several different sizes of seed beads so that the herringbone rope slowly increases in size.  I didn't have the size 9 seed beads called for, so I improvised.


I adore how they turned out.

Next was "Roller Beads," designed by Cathy Lampole and published in the October 2012 issue of Bead and Button.

I was pleased to see Cathy's name.  I love Cathy's shop and highly recommend her patterns.  Please take some time to check it out.

I was impressed by the finished roller bead.  The base is made from 4mm and 3mm pearls and embellished with crystals.  It looks great from the side or from the front.


I decided to something a bit different with these.  I made a metal wire frame and hung the bead from it.  I love my roller bead earrings.


Our third project was also published in the October 2012 issue of Bead and Button.  It is "Scalloped Pearls," designed by Angelle Procopio

I had a hard time deciding on a color scheme for this project.  I couldn't find bugle beads and pearls that I liked together.  Then Marcie Abney Carroll was kind enough to share the beads she used for the teal version of her picture frame pendant.  (This is a wonderful pattern, by the way.  I have it and highly recommend it and all of Marcie's patterns.)

I loved those teal bugles, so I started with those.  

I ended up improvising here as well.  I accidently ordered the 9mm bugles instead of 6 mm.  I also didn't have any cube  beads, so I used size 8 seed beads and 3mm crystals instead.


I tried to add a bronze clasp, but I didn't like how it attached to the bugle beads.  Instead, I created a small flower clasp which mimics the waves in the bracelet.


I used a snap closure which is hidden behind the flower.  I love how it came out.

Our last project was "Gothic Butterfly Bracelet," designed by Mikki Ferrugiaro and published in the December 2010 issue of Beadwork Magazine.

I had been wanting to make this bracelet since I saw it almost two years ago, but never got around to it.  Thankfully, Karyn gave me the "push" I needed.

Looking at this bracelet, I thought the wings were flat peyote and the connector strips were sewn on top.  That is not the case.  The wings (including the beginning of the connector strip) is one piece of peyote which folds up because of the different bead sizes.


I was also amazed that the wings are shaped pieces.  The wings don't droop or sag -- they sit perfectly on the top of your wrist.

Everything about this bracelet is stunning, from the focal, to the wings, to the straps.


I love how the top of the bracelet sits on your wrist easily.


Mikki has many more beautiful designs in her Artfire shop.  I highly suggest you take a look.

Karyn, thank you again for putting this together.  It was fun, as always.  I really enjoyed (finally) getting to a favorite project and finding a few new favorites.

10 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous, I love the improvisations! I've only just started to explore other seed bead mediums so appreciate the links you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, these are so amazing!! I love how you improvised whenever you didn't have the exact thing the pattern called for. The flower clasp you made for the Scalloped Pearls bracelet is gorgeous and works perfectly with the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tanya, you never disapoint these are all gorgeous. I like all of your little improvisions on all of them especially the button flower clasp on the Scalloped Pearls bracelet. I like how your Gothic Butterfly bracelet looks more like dragon wings to me. I so far only have the Scalloped Pearls bracelet done I have over extended my self with challenge projects. I will be doing the Roller Beads necklace today and will post pictures when finished.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya your projects are all gorgeous. I love the colors you used in each one. I felt the same way about the Gothic bracelet, it is one amazing pattern and I love the colors you used. The Enchanted earrings are glorious, I didn't have 9s either and love the way they turned out. Beautiful beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, your improvisations always turn out so beautifully! For some reason, the scalloped bracelet never struck me as something I'd want to do, but your combination of beads and the way you finished it have made me think it's time to reconsider....and the Gothic Butterfly is really lovely. They're all really lovely -- you've got some terrific additions to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those all turned out really well. I am amazed at how much you are able to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces as always. Love the bezel earrings and roller beads are very cool too. That teal is such a deep lovely color. You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am speechless again. You are incredible with what you do.
    Both pair of earrings are fantastic...the first pair is elegant and the second is swinging and spinning and beautiful! And the bracelets...WOW! Just WOW. I love the bugle one and how you finished it off. The colors are great together. The Goth Butterfly is so super cool-I cannot get over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thre is absolutely no way I could pick a favorite ... although...the earrings with the wire frame are calling my name! These are all stunning - you are so talented! And, your pictures are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodnes....such beauty you have created. Darn you I love your color choices and your ordering accident looks pretty darn neat to me. I really really love these pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete