Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party - the Soup is On

As you may have heard, the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party is in full swing.

I've noticed a trend among the participants:  most have said that Lori paired them with the perfect partner.  Well, the same goes for me.

I love earthtones and copper.  Catherine sent me a luscious soup using just that:


The first thing that caught my eye was the strand of goldstone flower beads.  I wish the photo captured how they sparkled.

The focal is an amazing jasper pendant.  It's a larger pendnat than I'm used to and I'm excited to create something worthy of it.

The soup is rounded out with copper chain and pearls, more goldstone beads, crystals, faceted beads and beaded beads.

Catherine also included two "blooming beads" designed by Carol Dean Sharpe and beaded by a friend of hers.  I have this pattern, but have never had the patience to bead them.  I am beyond excited to use them.

Catherine was kind enough to include a pair of earrings she made.


They are adorable and I love the colors.  Thank you, Catherine!

Here is what I sent Catherine:


I wanted to send Catherine a focal that could be used in embroidery (if she chose) or in a bead weaving or stringing project.  I chose a round peacock pendant made by Nancy Schindler of Round Rabbit Extra.

I chose the rest of the beads based on the pendant and added a bit of purple into the mix.

I added soutache ribbon into the mix because it goes so well with bead embroidery, something Catherine does beautifully.  (If you have never heard of soutache, here is a great place to start.)

After receiving her soup, Catherine mentioned that she loves peacocks and peacock colors.  Yea!

Check back in April to see what Catherine and I made with our soups.

By the way, these perfect pairings are not an accident.  Lori has mentioned that she visits every blog and takes time to learn about each blogger.  I cannot imagine the time it takes her.  The results of her hard work are apparent, though.  Lori, thank you so much!  You are the "hostess with the mostess."

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! I can't wait to see what you create (both you and your partner)! Those carved beads are simply amazing ... what will you do with those? can't wait!

    ReplyDelete