Monday, February 11, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party

For my entry to the Inspired By Winter Blog Hop, scroll down or click here.

I've wanted to join in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party for some time now.

When Lori first start these parties (back in 2010), participation was limited.  Last summer, Lori opened the party to everyone who wanted to participate and almost 400 people took her up on the offer.  I was about to sign up .. aaaaand .. chickened out.

I started to worry.  What if my partner didn't like the beads I sent?  What if I didn't like the beads from my partner?  What if I didn't send enough?  What if I had no idea what to make?  What if she didn't like what I made?

As you may have read in past posts, my word for the year is "will," as in, I will put my worries aside participate in the Bead Soup Blog Party this year.

As it turns out, I had no reason to worry.  My partner is Catherine from Catherine's Musings.  I know Catherine from our Beading Babes group and was excited to have a friendly face for my first time out.

Like me, Catherine is a seed beader.  Unlike me, Catherine is also an amazing bead embroiderer.

Take a look at Catherine's version of Sherry Serafini's "Ripple Effect Cuff," published in the June 2011 issue of Beadwork Magazine.  The colors are gorgeous and the embroidery is stunning.


Catherine also participates in round robin embroidery exchanges.  Each member starts with a blank form.   The form moves from member to member until finally returning to its owner covered in beady goodness.

Her most recently completed round robin resulted in this stunning teapot.


I cannot fathom embroidering around a form.  The ladies in this exchange are talented!

I  tried to pick a bead soup that would lend itself to embroidery, bead weaving or stringing.  I really hope she likes it.

Here is a sneak peek.


I'll post again when we both receive our soups.  Let the beady fun begin!

1 comment:

  1. While you cannot fathom embroidering around a form...I cannot fathom embroidery! Best of luck to you and your partner!

    ReplyDelete