Monday, January 6, 2014

Focusing on Life - 51 and 52

Of course, I'm behind again on Sally's Focus on Life series.  Rather than do separate posts, this time, I thought I would just combine the last two.

For week 51, Sally asked us to photograph "togetherness."  I had the perfect idea.

A few years ago, I mentioned that my aunt hosted a cookie party every year.  It's usually the Saturday before Christmas and several aunts and cousins converge upon a single house to bake about more dozens and dozens of cookies.  (Seriously, about 9 or 10 batches of cookies.)

I the post above, I showed you the cookies.  In this post, I wanted to show you the people.


I think there may be a few of my aunts not in the picture and the kids were off playing, but you get the idea.  It's one of the best examples of "togetherness" I'll ever find.

For week 52, Sally asked us to capture "goodbye."

This was a bit hard for me.  Luckily, as in past weeks, the kiddo was ready to help.


If you were wondering, she drew her hand waving below the words.

Sally, thank you for this wonderful experience.

If any of you are interested, Sally has renewed her "focus on life" series for 2014.  You can find the details here.

Since I was frequently behind in 2013, I opted not to take part in 2014.  That won't stop me from following along, however.  You can also find the first week's photos here.

1 comment:

  1. What sweet photos Tanya, and lovely that you all get together to bake cookies - boy I be the house smells delicious! And how sweet that your daughter made your final sign. I'm not going to continue in 2014 either, but I hope I'll still see plenty of you in blog land!

    ReplyDelete