Monday, July 21, 2014

In love with Cylon (not the one you think, though)

My mom asked me to create a watch band using a watch face that she liked.

I looked at different weaves and settled on the cylon weave.


This is a mini version of cylon, using smaller rings.  And I do mean "smaller."  The blue rings in the middle are 3/32 inch -- the smallest rings I've ever used.


I am so proud of how it turned out, though.  I think it's perfect and am already planning a cylon cuff for myself.

You can find instructions for the cylon cuff here on Blue Buddha's site.  The instructions give ring sizes for the regular version (using larger rings) and this version.

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful watch! I'm sure you'll mom will enjoy it - I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tanya and I am sure it feels good when worn.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful!! I'm sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was beautiful, and I got lots of compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete